Fishing with Colorado Parks and Wildlife

Thanks to Colorado Parks and Wildlife, Colorado has some amazing fishing.  During my 21 state park photo excursion with CO P&W this summer, the one thing I could be guaranteed to see at every park was someone fishing.  Being an angler myself I was always inclined to ask if they'd had any luck?  Most of the time they'd tell me about the fish caught that day or in the past or pull up a stringer of fish.  It's amazing how many anglers of all walks of life live and fish in Colorado.  That being said it all starts here:

This was taken at the Rifle Falls Fish Hatchery.  
Colorado has 19 fish hatcheries spread across the state. 

They stock over 90 million fish per year using these trucks. 


Now here are some of my favorite fishing shots from this summer. 
Trout at Vega State Park


Arkansas Headwaters Recreational Area

Stalker Lake State Wildlife Area

Sylvan Lake State Park

Rifle Gap State Park 

Spinney Mountain State Park

Here's one I caught just outside of Spinney Mountain State Park.


Between Spinney Mountain and Eleven Mile State Park is know as the Dream Stream and holds some monster trout.



Rifle Falls State Park

Ridgway State Park 

Ridgway State Park

The Dream Stream

Ridgway State Park

Mancos State Park

Paonia State Park 

Eldorado Canyon State Park

James M. Robb State Park 

Lone Mesa State Park

Arvada Reservoir

Rainbow Lakes

Arkansas Headwaters Recreational Area 

Chatfield State Park 

Pike at Harvey Gap State Park 

Mancos State Park 

Large Mouth at Stalker Lake State Wildlife Area

Thanks for checking out the blog.  For more images by me you can visit my website at https://www.doskophoto.com/index

Cheers, 
Dustin Doskocil 


Comments

Popular Posts