5280 Angler & Boxwood Gulch Ranch


Working with local companies is always a great pleasure.  I get to meet cool and interesting people, go to some really rad locations and hone in on my craft all at the same time.  That's why I was excited to do a fly fishing photoshoot with 5280 Angler at Boxwood Gulch Ranch.  This beautiful piece of property sits on the South Platte River near Bailey Colorado and is home to some monster rainbow, brown and palomino trout. 
The day of the shoot was dreary with rain storms moving in and out all day.  Obviously this is not the ideal weather for a photoshoot.  Having the experience and the gear to shoot in the rain helps but it doesn't matter how many times I've done it, its still makes me nervous.  At one point during the shoot, the rain kept coming down harder and harder.  I was having to wipe my lens off every 30 seconds or so.  But the fish were still bitting and I was having a blast capturing the excitement.  Being an outdoor/adventure photographer, this is not what I have to do but what I live for doing. 

Below are some of my favorite shots from this shoot.

To check out more of my work you can go to https://www.doskophoto.com/index

Thank You,






























Comments

Popular Posts